Monday, December 20, 2010

The Five Stages of Grief

Still no answer from <the world's favorite airline>. I need closure. I need to be absolutely sure that there's no way I can make my journey by Christmas. Then I can get on with my inner journey through the Kübler-Ross model's five stages of grief.

 1. DENIAL: They can't have shut down the airport for a couple of inches of snow.

2. ANGER: They shut down the f*cking airport for a couple of inches of snow! 

3. BARGAINING: If I could just get through to the help desk, I'd take anything.

4. DEPRESSION: Two f*cking weeks of "A Charlie Brown Christmas".

5. ACCEPTANCE: I've never watched it. Maybe I'll like it... Maybe.



From "Top Ten Tips for Getting the Cheapest Airfare"
by Michael Bluejay - Award-winning writer.

#9 For U.S. to Europe, fly to London first.

Thanks a bundle Michael!

24 comments:

  1. Man they make any excuse to shut down a flight :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I under an airline not answering their phones for.. days, is it now?... Sucks. And I hope if you DO have to watch Charlie Brown that you get some enjoyment out of it... I personally was never a Charlie Brown fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pine needles falling off of Charlies tree will be the balm you need.. trust me..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try and make the most of it dude, its all you can do

    ReplyDelete
  5. michael tricked thousands of people this season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still can't believe they pushed your flight back a week, that's total crap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never experienced flying around the holidays. It must be a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is why I never want to go anywhere for the holidays anymore. Is that what the airlines want?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get around having to travel for the holidays by making my relatives hate me. It works wonders, trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A couple inches of snow? Forget that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. damn buddhas' still on the move eh?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Charlie Brown is neurotic. He is prone to depression and anxiety and fits of over-analysis. He worries constantly about being liked or respected and has a creepy stalkerish relationship with the little redheaded girl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, still held up, i heard flights are cancelled (out of australia at least) until the 26th :\

    ReplyDelete
  14. Flight cancellations are just about the lamest fuckin thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  15. On the plus side, A Charlie Brown Christmas is a great movie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wah that is complicated mind boy, but that's good,,

    ReplyDelete
  17. You make two weeks of a Charlie Brown Christmas seem like it is a bad thiiHFHUGIF&EGF&@OHGOD....ffffff__help me!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Michael Bluejay eh? We know what to do.....pizzas, send him pizzas.

    ReplyDelete