Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Another Hot Red-Head

Firstly, a little housekeeping: Our last few posts confused Google's bots a little so, to nudge them on the right tracks, here's a gentle reminder that we want to help our readers to find the cheapest flights on British Airways and other airlines. This is for your air-travel scrapbooks. When you think about it, air-travel is such a lottery: you might end up sitting next to an exotic dancer in a dress that shouldn't be allowed, or it might be some delusional ginger guy with a fake birth certificate. Ah, the romance of travel. (Still reading this small print? Boring flight?)

Our post on the wretched antipodean ginge Julie Gillard prompted The Angry Vegetarian to remark that he thinks Obama would look interesting as a ginger.

I think we'd be bitching about President Hillary now if Obama looked like this.


An Apology

We owe our readers an apology for the title of yesterday's post - "Climbing The Greasy Pole In A Skirt". Many of you came here in a state of mildly perverted arousal expecting to find pictures of skanky exotic dancers with poor personal hygiene. To have instead encountered pictures of Barney Frank's smoking muzzles must have been quite sexually confusing for you.



The "greasy pole" metaphor is from the great 19th century British statesman Benjamin Disraeli. On becoming Prime Minister for the first time in 1868, Disraeli is reported to have said "I have climbed to the top of the greasy pole".

The phrase has since been used for any politician who has clawed his way to the top despite obstacles like having the most Jewish name ever.

The pole is especially greasy for female politicians.

At any rate, we'll try to avoid misleading, titillating titles in future posts.
Airlines play huge game of catch-up in NYC area
Runways at the area's three major airports — Kennedy, LaGuardia and Newark — were all open Wednesday morning, officials said, but they cautioned that it might take days for all the passengers who've been camping out to get flights.
"I waited 4 hours in the queue just to speak to someone," he said. "Just to get the news that I have to wait a few more days. They really need to have a backup plan. I will never ever travel again in December, never on American Airlines, and never through New York."

41 comments:

  1. Creeped out doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about the picture of ginger Obama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I see Obama anywhere now I'm going to imagine this picture in my head lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. And yet I envision him sounding exactly the same and just as nerdy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obama is a ginger, that picture`s great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty fly for a white guy, I must say

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol hot red head :D i hoped to seesome nice gril .D

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL.. I used to think Barry was rather "fine looking" now? wel, uh Howdy Doody he has become..

    Thanks for the clarification on the pole dancers.. I feel bettah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. une grande say but wonderful?
    It´s french :)


    http://mar-iza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ginger Obama looks like Data from Star Trek!
    I'd still like to see Palin dancing on a real pole.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Misleading titillating titles--please continue using them. They draw me in every time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just checking out the wiki on Disraeli, and his portrait is right honorable. Because of your blog, however, I kept expecting something surreal to happen to the image.

    Thanks for breaking me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks a little like John Edwards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think there is a hidden message in the opening paragraph... my filtering progams- err, mind, can't quite figure out what.
    Ginger Obama is actually pretty stylise.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The picture is scary haha, but cool blog =]

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the part were you wrote a message to google and the readers at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, thanks for the first paragraph hints!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hmm, looks better with red hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. ah good ol gillard. bring back rudd!

    ReplyDelete
  19. yeah those bots get confused easily

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderfully done yet once again. The picture manipulation looks great, plus I learned about the greasy poll :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. If Obama looked like that, i don't think his mother would have let him out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  22. that looks wrong on sooooo many levels! in a good way of course!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just wait for a Chinese person with a Jewish name that's female to become president.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Obama kinda looks like Ron in Harry Potter haha, this is priceless

    ReplyDelete
  25. now we need ginger obama literally climbing up a greasy pole.

    get working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Obama as a ginger? I don't think so. I would definitely vote him out if he was.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dale's Pale Ale is indeed one of my local faves. Going to try to get to Oskar Blues in Lyons and tap a fresh batch while I'm here. And, Obama still makes a better looking redhead than that chica from Sex and The City.

    ReplyDelete
  28. it's cool man... i get aroused by every post...

    ReplyDelete
  29. I swear I did not see this post before making my Obama entry for the week. LOL. Hilarious though that great minds were thinking alike when I scheduled today's entry to post. HAhahaa.

    ReplyDelete